Metro Bethesda Rotary Foundation
Metro Bethesda Rotary Foundation is an independent 501 (c)(3)
Send correspondence to:
8624 Springvale Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20910
2023/24 MBR Foundation Board members include Ellen Singer and Archana Uppal, Co-Presidents; Daniel Fischer, Treasurer; Carolyn Deal, Erika Dickstein, Ayse Kadayafci, Stephanie Lowet and Craig Small.
Metro Bethesda Rotary Foundation (MBRF) is the charitable arm for the service and charity work of MBR. The Foundation is managed by a Board of Directors who are MBR members. Policies and practices are in accordance with 501c3 requirements and guidelines.
MBRF grants focus on Rotary’s overall themes, both locally and outside the US.
- Supporting education
- Saving mothers and children
- Growing economies
- Providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Protecting the environment
- Promoting peace
- Fighting disease
MBRF is funded in three primary ways:
- Generous donations from MBR members and non-club members
- Fundraisers including MBR’s annual Purple Tee Golf Tournament, the MetroMoveFest, and other fundraising drives.
- Matching funds from Rotary District 7620 and Rotary International.
MBRF approves both local and international grants.
We fund two basic kinds of projects:
- Grants that support MBR projects
- Grants that help fund non-profits that support the above Rotary themes
Projects are required to have a sponsor from MBR and quantifiable results. Projects providing opportunities for Rotarian involvement are preferred.
MBRF holds two cycles per year:
- Fall – with submissions and approvals in October
- Spring – with submissions in March and approvals in April
Typical grants range from $1000- $4000. Click on the Criteria button below for further detail.
The Fall 2023 grant submission deadline is October 6, 2023.